Hello

Nandopsis

Hello, local fish crazies.

I'm from Edmonton and have a terminal case of Multiple tank syndrome.

Lets begin the list shall we?
90g :Two 5 inch Parrot Cichlids + 1 foot long common pleco
40g long: One 9" Ropefish+ One 5 inch common pleco
30g tall: 3 Axolotls
20g: one 7 inch comet goldfish
10g: 2 bettas+ a golden algae eater + twig catfish.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my name is Jeon and I'm an addict.... I live in Edmonton and am currently running a 75gal reef tank, and a 20gal hex freshwater planted tank. My wallet has been hating the hobby for many years off and on, and it will continue to do so within the limits of my wifes patience. I am currently looking into making a 45-60gal vivarium... but we shall see how that progresses.

• 2 months later...

HI from Edmonton, just getting started, currently have 2 20g with some community fish (danios, cory's, guppies, molly, platy's and fry from the Danios and the guppies) planning a 90 gallon planted tank with drift wood and then some angels in the next month or so. Glad to find this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in Calgary and I had kept at least one fish tank since I was 20 years old(I am 32 now); while I was in Europe I had dutch aquarium setups, but about 3 years ago I switched to biotope ones. Currently I have a 55 gal amazon biotope with angelfish(juveniles at this time) , panda corys(9) and pictus catfish(3).

I am glad I found this forum and hope to gather as much info from your experiences as I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

My name is Benji and I'm not really "from" anywhere.. but I now live in Calgary. I got right into aquariums when I had a group home for adults with developmental disabilities and used them as a form of environmental therapy. I'm hooked on mostly large freshwater odd ball fish but soon getting into planted. Anything smaller than a 90 gallon is a sump to me. Bigger the better. Hope to get a bunch of pics up and would really like to suggest a fish meetup perhaps.

Hello my name is Lloyd, I live in Springbrook.

I moved here from Saskatoon back in August.

I am 37 and have been keeping fish since I was 16.

Cichlids are by far my favourite group of fish and my fishroom usually reflects this.

Sadly I haven't had much of an opportunity to acquire many new fish......yet. I

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow Aquarium enthusiasts.

My name is Scott, I go by Fishman44 on this forum. I am currently working on plans for my largest build to date, a 175 gallon Malawi cichlid tank which will be built into on of the walls in my current basement development.

I am Calgary and fell upon this forum while reading another forum looking for ideas and good places to buy beautiful fish.

I have been out of the hobby for about 7 years, since I broke my 90 gallon tank moving into the house i'm in now :cry:, and I hope you all don't mind lots of questions, things have come a long way since the last tank was setup. This will be my second African tank in my many years experience but this will be the first time that I am going to come in with a plan and not just buy whatever looks the coolest when I have $10 in my pocket. Now I have to have $20.

My build will include the 175 gallon display tank with a combination of Rock piles and sand filtered by a 55 gallon sump and a possible future 75 gallon planted/guppy & shrimp/food refugium tank if I can convince my wife it is a good idea.

I am not the greatest at documenting my projects but I will try to keep up on pictures as I get through the steps. Step one is complete with the stand built, step 2 goes this weekend getting the nearly 400 lbs of glass sitting in my garage down into the basement before the drywall comes in.

Thanks to all for having me as part of your community, I look forward to many wasted hrs at work looking over your posts.

Scott.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy folks...

Eager to get my first tank underway. Going to be planted, 90 gallons, spare no expense on light and filtration, concentrating more on the aquascaping aspect but will certainly get some critters in there... especially shrimp. The tank and stand get delivered tomorrow and then I get to spend the next couple months accumulating things to make it all work. Brace yourself for my newbie questions, but know that I will appreciate every scrap of knowledge you toss my way ;)

• 3 weeks later...