Hello

Nandopsis

Hi everyone,

My names mat I'm originally from okotoks but have since moved up to edmonton. I've only recently got back into keeping fish and currently have three tanks

29 gallon:

4 Kribensis (Waiting for them to pair off)

1 Bristlenose pleco

5 Lemon tetras

1 gold tetra (snuck in with the lemons haha)

1 oto

Planted

20 gallon long

3 furcata rainbows

1 skunk Cory

3 kribensis (again waiting to pair off haha)

Planted

Fluval Flora 7 gallon My pride and joy haha)

1 flower shrimp

1 Dwarf gourami

6 White cloud minnows

Looking forward to being a part of this community,

All the best,

Mat

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! Am I ever glad to have found this Alberta based forum. I am a newbie to both the aquarium hobby and using forums. This is the first ever forum I have wanted to join because of my growing love of keeping fish. I started in October with a 20G glass tank - 2 Blue Gourami (turned out to be a male and female), 2 Yo-Yo Loaches (one black/white, one gold like), and 1 moss ball. In December I started a 5G tank- 2 Ivory Mystery Snails, and 2 African Dwarf Frogs. I am now thinking of starting a 55G with an Oscar...hmmm a work in progress???

Well my Gourami's have been very busy and produced 2 hatches. I have become very attached to my new pets and want to do the best I can for them. This forum has a wealth of information and many experienced people that I look forward to knowing. :thumbs:

Hello everyone! Am I ever glad to have found this Alberta based forum. I am a newbie to both the aquarium hobby and using forums. This is the first ever forum I have wanted to join because of my growing love of keeping fish. I started in October with a 20G glass tank - 2 Blue Gourami (turned out to be a male and female), 2 Yo-Yo Loaches (one black/white, one gold like), and 1 moss ball. In December I started a 5G tank- 2 Ivory Mystery Snails, and 2 African Dwarf Frogs. I am now thinking of starting a 55G with an Oscar...hmmm a work in progress???

Well my Gourami's have been very busy and produced 2 hatches. I have become very attached to my new pets and want to do the best I can for them. This forum has a wealth of information and many experienced people that I look forward to knowing. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Just thought I would say hello. Just moved from BC to calgary a few months ago. Had a nice 55 gallon back in kelowna but had to downsize due to space restrictions. Managed to bring some fish with me from my old tank and set up in a 26 gallon bow front. Hopefully I can get more space soon and set up another 55 cichlid tank!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

We live in Edmonton and have one 30 gallon tank. We have a large plec and only platies and swordtails for now, until I can find a new, bigger, home for my 12" plec. I am thinking of then adding some dwarf gouramis and plants.

We also have some fire-bellied toads. I got my first four when I was working at the Vancouver Aquarium, in the tropical gallery and helping with the herp collection. I have a biology degree and later spent a couple of years studying amphibians in the field.

Happy to be here and I know I'll enjoy the pics!

• 2 weeks later...

How's it goin. 28 year old dude from Edmonton. Been enjoying the fish scene for a couple years now. Always loved cichlids. Got a 125 going right now with a wide selection of Africans. Got 55 on the way was thinking of trying out bichers. Really like predatory fish of all sorts. Would even like to one day have a large outdoor pond and try to breed northern pike. Really liking this site so far. That's all for now I guess.

Ciao

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I'm new to the forum but I've had fish for more than 17 years now.

I currently have a 30 gal tank with rasboras (het, red tail, emerald eyed, and celestial), pygmy gouramis, otto cats, kuhli loaches, a skunk botia, a few red cardinal minnows, and more plants than fish.

The plants I have are a couple kinds of cryptocoryne, some anubias (nana and a larger leaf one), a nymphiaea of some sort that keeps trying to spread, a large sword, some java moss on a log, some java fern, and a few other plants I don't know the names for.

I’m trying to keep everything small nowadays. The first fish I ever had was a lutino Oscar.

Edited by Kaja

Hello all: from Medicine Hat bought a 10g which led to inheriting a 36; both have cycled and have set 36 up as mainly tetra tank with 4 each fire and ice, candy cane, pristella, and Von rio; 6 neons, with 2 ottos and 3 mystery snails for algae management. Hoping to set 10g up for breeding ghost shrimp or cherry/ neocaridina's shrimp of some variety.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...