Hello

Nandopsis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey new to actually posting but have read a bunch. was on aquarium advice and got no love for my when 65 gal build with diy filter, stand and lighting so i kinda just stopped posting altogether. but im in edm and my set up is a 65 gal planted community that with angles, rams, neon gobies, some danios from the 10 gal that got me started and some sword fish that showed up after a late night. the 10 gal now has shrimp and rummy nose tetras. the 2 big angles have paired off and spawned yesterday, only to get terrified when the lights went out and eat the eggs but either way i gota get them their own tank so they don't go ham on the other fish. either way the rummynose will eventually go in the 65...

Hi my name is Cheryl and I am in Carstairs (just north of Calgary. I am just starting to get into planted community tanks. So far, as my husband keeps telling me it's an addiction and we will end up with more, i have 3 tanks. 36 gal planted community with mollies, platys, guppies and swordtails, plus a bn pleco and a large common pleco. My 25 gal is currently empty, I am researching what I would like to put in it. Then my newest tank is a 15 gal column with driftwood, plants, apple snails, aquatic frogs and a male betta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. From Central Calgary. Just getting into tropical freshwater fish and planted aquariums right now. Had goldfish before and still do.

Over-wintering pond has ~16 adult comet goldfish, looking to sell all in the summer to make room.

120 gal. Koi tank - looking to transfer these guys into the pond - looking to make this the main planted aquarium in summer

20 gal. planted aquarium - 1 koi angelfish, 1 black/blue/yellow marble (?) angelfish - they are quite big and I'm looking to get some help in determining gender!

55 gal. goldfish/koi fry tank + 2 apple snails - the goldfish will be donated as feeders to the non-profit we support (A.I.W.C.)

Looking forward to stocking the 120 gal. with your contributions!

Hi fish friends!

A couple years ago now my boyfriend received a gold fish from a wedding that they used a center piece. I myself kept fish as a child and told him he couldn't live in a fish bowl. Unfortunately he didn't make the drive up from Calgary to Edmonton where we both live, but we went a purchased a 37gallon which sooner turned into 90gallon as well. He treated these better than, I, myself so I went out and picked myself up an aquarium as well. I set up a 75 gallon planted South American tank. Of course he had to out do me, so he went picked up a 55 and set up some co2. My little fish soon turned into big fish and they moved up into a 150 gallon. A couple months ago my 150's seals let go and I purhased a 120 instead. It's amazing how something as small as a gold fish has turned into this, haha!

55g - green terror

90g - rotkeil severum, Congo tetras, Red Head Tapajos

120g - Red Spot Severum, hero sp. curare, Red Head Tapajos (breeding pair), Festivum, Yellow Acara

40g x2 - Rummynose Tetras (keeping them cycled for when I have fry)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there to everyone, i'm thankful to the admin people of this group for accepting me to join so that , I may share and learn at the same time about the aquarium fish breeding especially Swordtails,to which I am in focus. At present I have the following ;

Albino lyretails

Kuhako swordtails

Sailfin tuxedo swordtails

Red Alpha Swordtails and Lyretails

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm from Edmonton, thanks for having me! Again lol. I haven't been on here in a long time(forgot Pword/swamped with new job😀) I know at least one person on here, but definitely look forward to meeting more. I'm a New World nut, Colour variants n X-breeds! Especially flowers! Here's a bit of my collection! Hope these work... Anyway thanks again and hopefully talk soon!:)

post-5274-0-99039200-1433501653_thumb.jpg

post-5274-0-73641200-1433501840_thumb.jpg

post-5274-0-88883700-1433501981_thumb.jpg

post-5274-0-20823600-1433502197_thumb.jpg

post-5274-0-59982600-1433502275_thumb.jpg

post-5274-0-93839800-1433591651_thumb.jpg

Edited by captain17

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
My name is Lindsay and I'm from Edmonton.

I've been keeping fancy goldfish for the last 6 or so years. I love their little chubby bodies and how they alway seem 'happy' to see me. (i.e. hungry).
I'd love to have more tanks, but I only have the one right now. Its hard being a renter and having to move often.

Love to be a part of this forum of Albertan fish keepers :)