Hello

Nandopsis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, Another newbie has joined the ranks!! I grew up with having fish in a 20 gallon tank until I left home. Well now my family and I want to get some fish. I want to get into cichlids, I just love their aggressive attitude. So we're on the hunt for a tank, 55 gal or larger. Kind of looking for a deal, if so anyone sees any let me know.

later, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Going through the list i havent introduced myself but here i go ;)

Hello im Garrett Fleck....

Im 14 years old anad have been keeping, breeding and selling fish for about 3 years now...

I keep mostly malawi cichlids but have kept Rams and Angels and plecos...

I have bred and kept various malawi cichlids and bred three kinds here in edmonton

these are the ones ive bred

Maylandia Estherae blue/red (F1)

Maylandia Mbenjii (F0)

Melanochromis Auratus

these fish are some of the best fish ive kept

And these are the rest ;)

Bolivian Rams

Angelfish

Buenos Aries Tetras

F0 Metriaclima mbenjii

Metriaclima Estherae red/red

Metriaclima Estherae blue/red F1

Metriaclima Crabo

Melanochromis Auartus

Auloncara Stuartgranti Maleri

Auloncara Hanbascenchi Red Flush

Protomelas taenilous Red Empress

Aulonocara OB peacock

Goldfish

Betta

Snails

Convicts

BN plecos

I think thats it for now but im adding

Cyrtocara Moorii

Auloncara Undu Reef Blue Neon

Copad. Mloto Ivory head

Labidochromis Mbamba

I like the way they flow and scrape algae off rocks and the maternal mouthbrooders...

I have just got another spawn of F0 Maylandia Mbenjii last night and JUST missed them breeding... i knew they were going to breed but i missed them cause i went to petsmart to get filters... but i have seen them before

I am pretty experienced for my age and know alot about different kinds of rift lake cichlids...

Heres my timeline...

5 gallon - tetras

5 gallon - tetras

2 20 gallons - malawi cichlid fry

30 gallon - more malawis

40 Long - Red Emp

75 gallon - Hap, peacock, and mbuna

50 gallon - Mbuna

Lots of babies and have had more then 100 at once

And more cichlids

Thanks well thats me in a nutshell

Garrett

• 3 weeks later...

Hullo, My name is Josee and I'm an addict. The sad thing is that i'm not even in the wrong forum ...

I started keeping fish a few years ago on a kick with no clue what I was on about, thinking hey, it's fish! How hard could it be and really, how expensive could it be? the fish are a few bucks a piece, you add water and voila!

One thing led to the other, next thing I was looking for a bigger tank cause I learned that I had so gotten the wrong fish, then I joined a forum, and I wanted more fish... Then got a deal for two tanks, then I just had to have an severum, then an oscar... and oh hey there's an interesting looking forum over there, how bout this one over here too... And Yes, my fish have totally taken over my life and I love every second of it, and so do my three children who now look on them as arbitrators for thier car races :rolleyes:

So far my addiction has led me into moderating 4 different fish forums as well as probably getting way more fish than I have time to with the crazy schedule my life has come to. I'm even at the point where I'll accept a wedding invitation out of my little town simply for the opportunity to check out the kind of lfs's in other cities.

Anyhow, enough about me, looking forward to browsing the board :beer: