Hello

Nandopsis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow Albertans!

I have been searching for a while for a forum just for Albertan fish-keepers (or even canadians for that matter) just learnt of this forum site today and joined just as quick.

I have 3 dogs- a black lab/golden retreiver, yorkie/bichon (who attacks fish and rodents of any kind), and a foolish fluffy dog of unknown origins (actually he's a bichon/cocker, but I like the other description better).

I am planning an amphibian or reptile 10 gallon terrrarium or aquaterrarium also.

I have 1 set up 29 gallon aquarium that contains: Common Goldfish, Japanese Koi, Common Pleco, weather loach, 2 bronze cories, albino cory, medusa head pleco, and 2 silver dollars. Bad stocking, I know, but the Cyprinids and the Common Pleco will be removed as soon as I find homes for them.

I am planning a 30 Gal nature tank and a 10 gallon Malabar Puffr tank.

I look forward to recieving and giving lots of advice here!

tr :ph43r:

• 3 months later...
Greetings, fish-people!

I am from Calgary, 47 yrs old. My wife and I, some 5 years ago, said 'Hey, a fishtank wold look great against that wall. How expensive could it be?' And that was the beginning of our undoing. Here we are, late 2004, and we have the following:

33 g tank with tanganyikan dwarfs, some breeding, some eating the fry.

50 g tank with breeding groups of maleri peacocks, rusty cichlids, perlmutts and a pair of optimistic zebra obliquidens. The maleri just won't breed, but the others are fertile as potting soil.

90 g community tank with tetras and rainbowfish and a group of peacocks that won't breed.

100g cichlid tank with mostly pseudotropheus and haps. Not too crowded yet, but we're working on it.

How expensive could it be, indeed. My wife won't let me entertain the idea of saltwater, due to the expense. Hmph.

Looking forward to making all of your acquaintances.

hello new to hbby, mostly support hubby, and he answers my questions, met quiet a few nice people through hubby about the fish, have a great day :heart:

Neil

to whoevere i just introduce my self on to you neil, sorry

i am sam's chiclets wife, through him i am a hobbiest, met a lot of nice people interested in fish through him, step grandma, parent of two boys, one moved out alreardy, when im not insulating i babysit and volunteer at church school, mostly watch the fish and ask question about the fish currently babysitting the grandchildren, looking for work and trying to raise a puppy and take care of sam, lookingforward to sanity at some point have a great fish day :bow:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm a grad student at the University of Lethbridge (Neuroscience). Just moved here from Saskatchewan. I have been collecting aquatic creatures for awhile (even moved much of the current stock from Regina).... I can't stop. It's like a disease. I have:

75 gallon:

4 clown loaches (Edith, Oscar, Myrtle and Agatha)

5 kribensis

5 harlequin rasboras

2 otos (Otto and Gerlinde)

1 whiptail catfish (Jorge)

1 hillstream loach (Horace)

1 elephantnose (Elephanty)

1 synodontis nigrita (Wilhelm)

3 dojo loaches (Richard, Charles and Jesus)

3 flower shrimp

many, many plants

10 gallon:

1 apple snail - cana (Kyle)

ramshorns, malaysian trumpets, various pond snails

5 gallon:

snails, many plants

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I'm from St.Albert and am fairly new to the hobby. Maybe a year and a half ago i bought a 25 gallon from Paradise Pets. I now have 4 Angels 1 pleco a clown loach 2 sarpae tetras and 2 kuhli loaches in it. Soon after i bought a 10 gallon from Aqua Giant and in it i have 5 Red/Blue Columbians and a trapdoor snail and a banjo catfish. No plants in either but i would like to give it a shot someday. In the planning stages of a 125 gallon cichlid tank. I'm thinking a mixed Malawi with some clown loaches. My one clown loach is getting bored by himself with the angels and is starting to chase them around alot. Where is a good place to buy specific breeds of cichlids? I'm thinking of doubling a 75 gallon cookie cutter setup on another forum and it calls for pretty specific breeds?

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and making fish friends in the Edmonton areaa.

When: Tuesday May 01, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

(Regular meetings on the first Tuesday of each month, September to June)

Where: St. Alphonsus School

Library/Computer room, 1st Floor

11624 - 81 Street

Edmonton, Alberta

* Please enter via South Entrance and take your shoes off at the door

Topic: Hans' Quiz

You do not have to be a club member to attend.

Edited by Terrie Lee

And the Auction? Is there a place on this forum where i can find these things? I looked on the Calender and it did not show any of this. Thanks. I can't attend tonight but i look forward to the next. :thumbs: