German blue ram questions

TheGr8Blade

Didn't know where to post this, so if need be please move.

I am fascinated by these little fish and would like a bit of advice before I purchase any (or not).

Does anyone on AA keep them?

What great lengths do you go thru to maintain them?

What do you feed them?

Have you ever bred them?

What size tank are them in?

Any other info would be great! :bow: Thanks in advance! :D

I have 8 of them (that I know of), I got them from another AA member. I keep them in my 65 gal. community planted tank. No special needs, same as the swords, rainbows, tetras and barbs that are in there. I also have different cats in there. If they've bred, it's hard to tell as it's hard to find them , but they seem to be all there when feed frenzzy comes along. Sue

Edited by Qattarra

I have had wrigglers...but the papa keeps eating them! I keep mine with Green eye rasboras, Green fire tetras, Angels and upside down Cats. I find Rams do better in warmer temps though and we used aged water for them. I have a breeding pair in a 20G and the others are in a 29G. Lots of plants and some driftwood and you are good to go. An aged tank is important too. I feed them NLS and once every few days, they get frozen bloodworms. Hope this helps!

Tammy

Edited by Fish_Frenzy

YAY! Thanks for the info Tammy!

I looked into them too. Apparently they have been inbred so much that it is really hard to find good stock.