The (hopefully) final word on Vendor Reviews

Tanker

Due to the ongoing battle of 'what is a review' vs. 'what is not' these guidelines have been created to assist you in your battle of 'does my post belong here' vs. 'I should shhhhh'.

They are based on two simple facts - that cold is not a product, it is an absence of heat and that if you cannot say anything nice, do not say anything at all. If that's over your head, PM me.

If a member here wants to tell the world about their latest store experience, they have three options:

**If it is something positive and supportive about the store, they may post words of praise in that store's latest stock list/update in the sponsor threads ONLY.

**If it is something negative and the shop sponsors AA, they may PM the person representing that store and sort it out.

**If it is something with regards to a store NOT sponsoring AA - whether a positive OR negative comment - then we have no one here representing them, and we don't give a rat's @$$ that your feeder goldfish from Petsmart died after two weeks in an uncycled fishbowl sitting on your kitchen table. Call the store, write them a letter, rent a billboard, but DO NOT POST on this forum. 'Warning' others to stay away is not as helpful as working with the store to improve, as ALL their customers will benefit if you let them know there is a problem. In the shortest words possible, "not a sponsor, no comments". Period.

This thread will be updated with a list of sponsor's stores and their contacts on the board. Any questions regarding the policy can be PMed to me. These guidelines subject to change without any notice at all... in fact they may have changed already. You better make sure, so go RE-READ THEM and make sure you get it. Yes, I am a Nazi punk bastard of godless parents... but this the zillionth time we have had this discussion, and I am getting tired of wasting my valuable energy because you think you deserve to vent on the interwebby thinger about how crappy your life is. If you still feel that you need to vent, read: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/blog

• 1 month later...

**If it is something positive and supportive about the store, they may post words of praise in that store's latest stock list/update in the sponsor threads ONLY.

Please follow the rules and post your "thank yous" in the sponsors thread!