Mantis Shrimp Question

Slough Shark

I have read that their diet can include frozen foods such as shrimp and other meaty foods, but cannot consist wholely of this. My question is can I feed the Mantis with guppies?

If not, is there another Fish or invert that breeds like crazy that I can feed to the Mantis (if I choose to get it)?

I'm afraid I cannot afford to be going out the Edmonton every week to buy 3 $15 shrimp or crabs for my Mantis.

Thanks so much

Taylor

Edited by Slough Shark

Excellent!!

I'll just set up a wee 3-5 Gal tank for a bunch of Mollies or Guppies to live and breed in!

Would the feeders really need to be SW or Brackish? They would only need to swim arounf the Mantis Dungeon for like 3 Min right?

Would the Mantis take them no problem?

What is the ratio of Frozen:Flake/Pellet:Live Food you feed your mantis?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I gotta be sure before I make my final decision!!!

Thanks a whole lot!!!

Taylor

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I had mollies that lived and reproduced in my salt water tank. It only took a couple of days of gradually adding a bit of salt for them to adapt. From the origingal 4 I ended up with about 100. Before that I use to feed my lionfish fresh water fish (guppies and red-tailed goodeids), he seemed happy and healthy.

• 3 months later...