Aquarium Calculator

FishManTy

Yeah, it helped me determine the actual!!!!! size of aquariums for sale in the bargain Finder...

The wattage seems a bit extreme... considering my 150 gallon only has 300 watts and it says I need 750 or something like that.

But owell, I love it as a reference. Used it a year ago, lost the URL, found it again

No problem! This will help alot of people here Im sure!

• 2 years later...

If you guys want I have built an aquarium calculator, once I figure how to make it possible for people to download it I will post the link for everyone to enjoy....No more looking for websites, cause you'll have it on your desktop!!

Well the other way is if you find out how many cubic inches of space there are (L x W x H) and divide it by 231 you find out how many gallons there are. I just did that, seems to work if you know roughly what you need after that.

Well the other way is if you find out how many cubic inches of space there are (L x W x H) and divide it by 231 you find out how many gallons there are. I just did that, seems to work if you know roughly what you need after that.

Well I did it so yo can take the measurements in Inchs feet and mm and conversions for all the common uses in salt water meg/L - DKH, gallons - liters and so on!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Wish other non hobbyists would figure out how to do this, so many times on kijiji the posted Gallons don't match the measurements. I found a gallon formula thats been acurate for me and easy if you have a pocket calculator (or borrow from the store/person) to double check everything. > Has bought mislabelled tanks in the past from stores/perople. :: H x L x W x 0.00433 = Gallons. Although I love the idea of telling me which accessories and etc needed.