got rid of my algae eater and....

Guest Master of Puppets

Oh so you can't have a meaningful conversation, bummer.

This guy is probably full grown its around 5" it will eat flakes as well as scavenging for food right?

Aw jeez I ran out of pellets and I can't afford any I may just have to wait a bit longer to buy the new Harry Potty book lol. The guy at the store also said they eat small fish. Do you think that angels and dwarf cichlids will be ok with it?

I have 2 of them although I never see them.

the trouble they give me is that they cram themselves into the cracks in my wood pieces, so when I remove these from the water to clean the tank or tie new plants they get good and stuck. I've had to break the wood apart to free them, and let me tell you , that is the hardest wood. That is their favourite spots though, they never ever seem to come out of the wood.

Edited by Qattarra

My strped Raph only comes out to eat.

I've had 4 cory cats disappear and one beautiful apisto and a otto.

No bodies nothing.

I think it was the catfish.

I usually do head counts of all my fish so when they disappear only at night, then i figure its them as they are the only night fish i have.

But mine are massive and still growing and mine have huge mouths and i can easily see them sucking up my cory cats and other fish

Leaf fish tend to be more agressive when the lights are out so just incase should I leave the lights on tonight because I'm getting rid of my leaf fish tomorrow hopefully.

No , a catfish doesn't eat algea but does bottem feed. depending on what you want it for.

Catfish come out at night. And have spikes and stuff to protect themselves. So i think it would be fine to turn the lights off.

But give the catfish someplace to hide during the day and night.

I heard not giving certain fish a hiding place such as a BGK can stress them to death is that true for catfish? Right now all i have is a small rock structure and a few plants. Right now the catfish and the leaf fish are cuddling under the only small tunnel together lol.