heavily planted 33g stocking question

humpty

I have 10 cardinals, 8 rasboras, 4 german rams, 3 ottos, 3 petricolas (they are getting moved to my 80g when they get bigger) and 1 red tiger discus.

I have 2 super melon discus in my 80g right now but the 33g with the co2 has a better ph and the discus would really like the plants.

I do weekly 50% water changes because of the fert schedule. Do you think i could fit those super melons in the 33g?

Your discus still have a lot of growing to do if they are in the right environment. I would not put them in the 33g. For starters, 50% weekly is not enough water changes. The plants do not take up all of the unwanted organics caused by the fish. My 5-6 inch discus are still in a bare bottom tank being fed 3 times a day. This is the best environment for good growth. The ph is not as important as keeping the water stable and clean. Why do you have one separated from the other two discus?

I think it would be fine.

Are you planning on sticking the red tiger discus in there too?

I've read the more the better.

And if water is better then the 80, i would stick them in there anyways.

Just test it out and see how they do.

And its true about 1 single discus needing 10gallons per fish, so three in 33 gallon is fine also.

Some discus will grow to 8-9 inches.