Scraping silicone...sucks

rudy

So I am scraping this tank down to get it rebuilt as it is apart right now. Any tricks, secrets or people who will do it for me for a $150......

I dont have time for this man it is hunting season

So I am scraping this tank down to get it rebuilt as it is apart right now. Any tricks, secrets or people who will do it for me for a $150......

I dont have time for this man it is hunting season

Sharp razor blades and windex as a lubricant will peel it off pdq

Edited by Sam Chicklets

Awesome link, thanks will help alot!

Our tank is DIY. Not sure who made it..it is overbuilt. Got it for free, buddy had his 16" Koi in it not long ago.

Aprox 150g. 72"l x 24"w x 20h. Glass butts up correctly (looked into that) but there is no support, or bracing on the glass at all.

Glass is aprox 1/2" thick and we are wondering if there is any cause for concern when it is filled... we will be resealing it right away and moving our Frontosa's into it..soooo....again, any suggestions?

post-2855-1193371044_thumb.jpg

I would suggest cleaning it up relining it and filling it slowly. Once it is full use a straight edge and check for deflection in the glass at the top. If you are overly concerned you could also put a center brace across it.

zuc002.jpg

Awesome link, thanks will help alot!

Our tank is DIY. Not sure who made it..it is overbuilt. Got it for free, buddy had his 16" Koi in it not long ago.

Aprox 150g. 72"l x 24"w x 20h. Glass butts up correctly (looked into that) but there is no support, or bracing on the glass at all.

Glass is aprox 1/2" thick and we are wondering if there is any cause for concern when it is filled... we will be resealing it right away and moving our Frontosa's into it..soooo....again, any suggestions?

Neutralizer spray will help clean that glass up nicely and easily.

It's Not the stripper! don't use stripper! LOL It is a acid product used to NEUTRALIZE the stripper. This one that a lot of us bought is a natural product that rinses well and any residue does not harm our fishes after we refill the tanks. It literally desolves that white cruddy junk that builds up from our hard water( calcium/lime etc). It makes clean up of our filters, heaters, tanks,lids and even walls behind the tank (some of mine after months o spray) really fast and easy.

I LOVE that neutralizer stuff!!! I use it all the time to clean my equpiement. Makes tank cleaning a breeze, spray the stuff on and you are practically see it eating away at the white crusty stuff.

I've also found it is the only product that works to clena my rabbits litter box. Removes all the calcium and mineral build up without having to scrub for an hour.