Blue claw freshwater shrimp

Vallisneria

My wife and I were in BA today. I took a closer look at the "blue claw freshwater shrimp" again and I was surprised how many of them had faint red stripes on their claws with no blue whatsoever. One of them seemed to have blue claws with red stripes but there were none with just blue on their claws. I could have sworn they had more blue the last time I visited the store. It is entirely possible that they are not Macrobrachium rosenbergii but another species all together. There are a number of long-arm freshwater prawns in the pet trade that haven't even been classified yet.

Thanks for all your help! If you find any good info sites about please post them. I haven't bee able to find too much.

I"ve been trying to get some new pics but the little guy isnt' cooperating. He hides in the back of the plants so its hard enough to see him let alone take his pic.

Well I just noticed my shrimp as pruned my java moss VERY short. I have a piece of driftwood and had a big piece of fullfy javamoss attached to it but yesterday I was checking and noticed it was now mowed down super short and was just a 1-2mm high covering over the driftwood.

Thankfully its just java moss and not all the other plants in the tank. I guess its time to find him a new tank after xmas.