Apistogramma's

interlude

Cackatoos are fairly common - most LFS have some (note, Local FISH Store - not pet stores). I've seen A. macmasteri and A. borelli around a bit, too. Of course, I'm in Edmonton, but I assume that Calgary would be similar.

Down the first aisle, on the back wall near, across from the live rock. Top row of tanks.

ahh well.. its cool, I ended up buying 3 of the apisto diamonds they had in stock. Thumbs up to Christian for helping me convince my gf I needed to buy all 3 and not leave 1 alone (was only allowed to buy 2 fishes on boxing day hahah)

They are really cool, they are still adjusting to my tank, they are tiny compared to my blue rams, they keep going from white to blue with lines. They might be getting intimidated from my rams since they just spawned eggs.

But I woke up today and all the eggs were gone (corys must have had them for a snack) and now all the apistos are out an about.

They might be wigglers...check if the parents are guarding a certain spot.

Jonah

no wrigglers, my male is quite the stud, he seems to be spawning with one female, then jumping to the next female lol. They seem to be spawning every 2 weeks, one of the females he ran to today looks like shes ready to lay eggs, I changed my plants around, let see if they will spawn again.

I dont really have a spare tank to try and raise the fry. I read its best to separate the eggs from the parents. I think the female ends up eating the eggs before they hatch. My blue rams are still juvies.