Parachromis friedrichsthalli

Albertan

I had these fish flown in from Gold's via Westjet last February. Here are pics of the as little guys when they arrived...

130323035-M.jpg

129548192-M.jpg

Despite my failed obsession with the dovii, these guys have been the stars of my collection. They have absolutely ravenous appetites, they love to watch what's going on in the room around them, and best of all they get along! Currently they are 7-8 inches long and they all play well together in the sandbox for the most part. There have been the occasional torn fins, and teeth marks on the top of the snout from locking jaws, but nothing serious. Here is a picture or their tank currently...

236004461-M.jpg

236004369-M.jpg

Chilling around their log, which is how they spend most of their time...

236004435-M.jpg

I highly recommend these fish to anyone who likes the Parachromis body style but doesn't want to deal with the typical highly aggressive nature of members of the genus. I read online that they tend to be significantly less aggressive than other guapotes, and have thus far found that to be the case.

Feed me NOW!!! And clean my glass while you're at it.

236004343-M.jpg

I was looking closely tonight and it appears I have five males and a single female...the chances of that happening are less than one in ten for you stats fans. Anyways, I could do to part with one or two of the males if anyone is interested. I'm not looking for any money for them. Just a good home.