Spelling / readability

I second this... Lately I've noticed some posts where the poster would do the rest of us a favor by using, say, periods, the Enter key, etc... That's hard to "enforce" though, except through gentle moderation. I'm a freelance editor so a post that is 500 words of run-on sentence and misspellings is particularly grating. : \

I am sure that I am guilty of this from time to time. I do try and use the built in spell check and if that doesn't help me I use word. Google is also a great way to check spelling of words.

Well I still can not find the spell checker :boxed: I am using Firefox. I downloaded a checker but I do not see it in this window. Perhaps I can be further enlightened?

J

Alrighty then , I know for sure I don't have that ....yet . Chris !? Jay!? Where's my button!? Never mind , don't answer that LOL. Where's my spell check button? Do I need to change a setting to find it?

OOPs looks like you have to download it Sue.... I tried mine and it is telling me to download it... I will give that a try...

Ok I have it figured out... once you have downloaded it onto your computer ... when writing a message and you want to spell check you go to tools in the window bar top right of page / click iespell and it then does a spell check....

Hummm , I'm inepted :( I still don't have one.

Not sure why you guys are having problems.

I just tried it out and it works fine. I clicked the ABC check mark icon, then followed the directions to download and installed it. It works fine for me. I don't' have to go through any "tools" menu. I just type my message and then click the ABC icon and it tells me what words are wrong.

spellcheck-1.jpg

Edited by degrassi

You think we have it bad here... Try decoding this post off a different site.

**2 word for that supposed fry CREEK CHUB ive used them to catch trout for year now im a dis beliver that lateral line is i belive the key as it is not know to me any fry has a lateral line like that but ill tell you what does a creek chub the rosey reds not red cousin ahahahahah**

I would say the abc button is probably a ie feature as I don't have it with firefox.

Fire Fox users can download and install an Add On Dictionary... requires a little mouse-work, but it's worth it. There is even a Canadian version!

IE users may or may not have the little ABC button as previously noted... if you don't then install IESpell as above.

If you need additional help with this, I can be asked nicely through a Private Message - and I can look at your set up, and advise a simple solution based on your browser of choice on a case by case basis.

The need for correct spelling is not only because we are purported to be intelligent adults in an English speaking country, it is also because we are widely parsed by every major search engine on the planet.