Flourish Excel

Vallisneria

• 11 months later...

I've been looking for Metricide in Edmonton for a while - I found a place in Cgy (only $24 for a gal, but another $20 to ship it to E-town).

I had the same issue with excel, but from doing a little research I came to the conclusion it wasn't excel per se. It was a lack of pottasium trace minerals causing my plants to yellow and die. I bought some flourish pottasium and my plants started to show improvements. I have a 46 gal corner aquarium so I'd add 1 cup (5ml) 3X a week and with water changes.

I've actually switched over from flourish to Microbe Lift Essential water chemistry for Discuss. It's only needed once per week and I must say, my plants look a whole lot better now compared to before with Flourish Excel.

Cons are my algae growth has gotten a lot intense but the plants and my discus seem a lot more healthier.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh ya it will come back if you don't solve the problem eg.photo period, fert.dosing & co2. Excel will kill it but doesn't solve the issue that caused it.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...