Server Migration, May 19-23 '08

Tanker

In order to provide the best member experience possible we'll be moving the AA site sometime this week (May 19-23) to a new, faster server. This may result in a short period where you'll be unable to access the site. The move itself is actually very fast, and often is done in as little as ten minutes, but the outage could be up to several hours due to the way the internet is designed, and it's like a "change of address" that sometimes works well... and sometimes not so hot.

Your patience will be appreciated, and as always you may contact me if you have any concerns or comments.

Chris

"Tanker"

Hi. the move was done this morning, and it all went very well except for one small detail that we are currently working on. The forum itself is 100% perfect, we are just waiting for the DNS system to propagate with our new location, so until then anything that requires a subdirectory is inaccessible. This includes our banners, which will start appearing for some people instantly, and others may not see them for a day or two, depending on all kinds of really interesting (only if you're a networking geek, like me) reasons.

If anyone notices anything unusual or different with the forum please let me know via PM. Thanks!