Fish Identification

Flowerhorn are an auspicious fish in Asia, that's how it started. Like the Arowana, the Flowerhorn is said to bring good fortune. The hump on it's head is similar to that of the chinese god of longevity. And if you break you neck trying to look at the markings on their sides, you might sometimes see a symbol of sorts.

Still not very attractive to me, and I am not supersticious in any way. IMO I don't like to keep highly aggressive fish like that. Why would you want to waste a huge tank on a single fish is beyond me. It is the only reason I will be buying myself a 230 gallon tank, so I can house MORE than just my oscars in the tank. But everyone has their own opinions, and different tastes, so please no one get offended by what I said, that is just the way I look at it from what my tastes are. :)

And I don't have my oscars just because I want to see them eat other fish or meat. I never feed my oscars live fish because I don't want them to know how to properly prey on other fish. I want them to be the least aggressive possible, and that is what they are, big clumsy babies lol.

Edited by firestorm