Unknown cichlid from Colombia

African_Fever

I got this guy mixed in with some 'feeder guppies' from Colombia (not actually feeders but some type of livebearer). He was easy to pick out and get on his own, and now I have absolutely no clue what he is. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. He's about 2.5-3' right now.

post-45-1220712460_thumb.jpgpost-45-1220712467_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help!

I was at T&T in WEM today. Asked about buying one of those. He said it was illegal for them to sell me a live fish, it's head must come off. Some of those are very nice looking fish . I think a large tank with a bunch of them would be neat to have.

I was at T&T in WEM today. Asked about buying one of those. He said it was illegal for them to sell me a live fish, it's head must come off. Some of those are very nice looking fish . I think a large tank with a bunch of them would be neat to have.

superstore let me buy 2 live ones before... calgary trail & 51ave

• 1 month later...

I am sure if you were to just say that you want to keep them fresh for when you eat them, so you want to buy them alive, it would be a good enough excuse lol.

I have heard tilapia are one fish that are causing problems to native fish in the states somewhere, because of people releasing them into the wild. I see them on menus at restaurants all the time :)