Project: 350 gallon plywood tank

bottomdweller_fan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super job, Deborah! :thumbs:

Well worth all of the research. I'm so glad it all worked out with just the one minor issue (leak).

This is just not a project that a self-proclaimed "wood-working newb" would tackle. Your workmanship and attention to detail are excellent.

Threads such as this do Aquatica proud. ;)

Looks really great! Good job.

What do you have stocked in it now? I love the aquascaping. Well done and congrats on the successful completion.

Thank you for the compliments.

I have a number of different species in there. I have:

• Ropefish
  • YoYo loaches, kubotai loaches, zebra loaches, queen loaches, and schistura loaches
  • a number of catfish (banjo, whiptail, Synodontis multipunctatus, cory cats (2 species), hoplo cats)
  • congo tetras, yellow-tailed congo tetras, blue tetras
  • I also have some rainbowfish and platys in there but they will be moving soon

I also have some red tailed otos, bumblebee catfish, blue tetras, and green-barred danios in quarantine that will be going in there in about 2 weeks.

It is a very busy tank -roll-

Great job Deborah, it looks fantastic. From the pics the deck planks look open to the water and the only concern I would have would be the wood preservative in the planks leaching into the water. I know you can't burn that stuff as it is very toxic. I'm sure you thought of this and I'm only bringing this up as a precaution.

I'll have to stop in some day to see it.

Stacey

From the pics the deck planks look open to the water and the only concern I would have would be the wood preservative in the planks leaching into the water.

The planks are composite. I don't think there are any worries about anything harmful leaching into the tank water.

• 3 months later...
Very well done, good for you!

I would definately have to go biotope that bad boy with a wicked DIY styro background. Maybe someday! I'm sure it is alot cheaper than buying a glass tank of that size :thumbs:

wow! I wanna massive tank!..um... and a place to put it :) I'm with Slough Shark on the biotope and DIY styro....they're always so neat! how much in total do you figure you spent?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to come and have a look at this sometime..... I do things better after seeing an example...

Heh... I would like to move in! :rofl:

Lucky fishies... AWESOME job! Congrats! :beer: