• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPS_0063.jpg

RPS_0064.jpg

RPS_0065.jpg

RPS_0052.jpg

And FWIW, none of those photos have been edited in any way at all, not even cropped. Those are all just how I took them with my new work camera (Nikon D300) with macro lens. :D

Thanks for looking.

Boom :boom:

• 11 months later...

whoa! very nice set up sir! just a question where in Edmonton did you buy the eggcrates and silica sand. I am from Jasper Alberta, and I always got to Home Depot for hardware stuff.But unfortunately they didn't know what I'm talking about. thanks in advance.

p.s.

great looking fish by the way!

• 1 year later...

Patrick

Actually, let the boards dry first and plane them afterwards. Boards will still warp while drying, When you buy boards say 2x4s lay them flat and if you purchase alot, stack them with a little lath (small strips of wood) every few layers, In mills they put lath in between every single layer before they go into the dryers.

As for running through a jointer, You treat every board as an individual, Knots, heartwood as opposed to sap wood, pith, they all have a determining factor on how each board dries. Even the growth rings from one tree to another tree will be different so the boards will not often dry exactly the same.

As for a jointer, Take a look at some of the contractor thickness planers, or even the shop ones if you can afford them. your better off with one of those if you want boards a specific dimension you can run the boards through a thickness planer even on edge, A cabinet maker I know has 3 thickness planers and a jointer, the jointer always has a layer of dust on it. I purchased a Rigid Thickness planer and its a joy to work with. The dewalt is one that is highly recommended as well but is more expensive.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...