Kayen's Planted 33g - Up and Running

Kayen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin i bought my Co2 equipment online. After shipping, customs, the time, etc it would have been more worth my time to buy in edmonton. Give Henry a call at natures corner store. He sells the full set ups. Also when your CO2 is done, you can just bring it in to him and exchange it for a full one at a small fee.

Looks good. Another way to do the riccia is either buying those bath balls used for shower gel, or buy a sheet of toole from walmart (found in fabric section). Last time a large sheet of toole cost me only $7. You could also try ordering some of your CO2 equipment from Vancouver, J&L aquatics. Usually they have pretty good prices and they offer free shipping over a certain amount.

Hm well downed all the bulbs os now to 2wpg, but i kinda want a decent T5 fixture... at least 2wpg of T5... any ideas where i can find some on the cheap?

thanks for the suggestion firestorm (: , i was gonna do that, because if you see the front piece of riccia it's the white needlepoint stuff.

Think

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl366...blestriplight36

would be good enough to grow most of the plants i have in there at the moment?

picL

Picture101.jpg

Edited by Kayen

Think

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl366...blestriplight36

would be good enough to grow most of the plants i have in there at the moment?

That's only a regular T5 fixture with 2 x 21w bulbs... just over 1 wpg for you.

I think the light you really want is this one (T5HO). Yes, it's twice the cost of the other, but it's 4x the light. :)

Hm i might go with 2x39 watts of T5 HO , as they have cheap 3ft T5HO at this hydroponics store (which is a bit far and i might not beable to even buy it soon,but hell it's closer than BA).... Then i would need to get a glass top cut too though..

Edited by Kayen

• 2 weeks later...
Kayan. As for the Riccia. Its quite simple. Get flat shaped rocks. Then go to the dollar store and buy a cheap clear/white colored luffa. Pull it appart and stretch if over the riccia. It works perfectly, the holes are not too far apart, nor are they too close. So it should only cost you a dollar to make a foreground out of it.

Regards

Devon

:0 you just answered my question...