150 gallon

Fishful Thinking

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great Greg!

Another tip to see your syno's more is to drop in a few of the larger sinking algae wafers. They're too big for any fish to eat whole so they always sit on the bottom, then your multies will swarm them.

I do this and it's quite the sight seeing my 10 petricolas devour a wafer in no time!

Boom :boom:

Thanks for tip, Boom. Unfortunately, I have a 6 inch sandiver, a 6 six inch fusco, a 5 inch yellow fin and a 4 inch spilonatus that have decided that algae wafers are their individual meals. They grab them as they are falling down and swim around the tank with them. I'll try throwing in a few more to get a couple down to the synos to see the show.

I think there are bigger algae wafers you can get that even those fish won't be able to eat.

The problem I have is one fish grabbing it and swimming around with it all day long like a puppy with a chew toy.

Have you tried zuchinni?

Boom :boom:

Yeah, I tried out the multiple algae wafers last night. I threw 6 and I had 6 fish doing the football thing, lol. I find now that I have just stuck my hand in to drop the pellets on the bottom, the synos come out more to see me when I walk into the room. I haven't tried zuchini yet. Once we buy some for us, the fish will get some. Can't have the fish eating more fruits and vegetables than the humans! :wacko:

Thanks, Steve! It's been a labour of love with the photography. I find the dolphins can get a bit boisterous every now and again, but most of the residents of the 150 are like that. How many do you have all together?

I've got 5, but they're only 1-1/2" right now. I hear they grow slowly compared to other fish though...Have you found that?

• 3 weeks later...

Great shot of the fryeri.

If you want to get food down to your synos, without the haps from getting to them, use a pvc tube that reaches down to where the synos hang out, and drop your pellets or wafers into the pipe. The synos will soon figure out that pvc pipe = feeding time. :)

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

If you want to get food down to your synos, without the haps from getting to them, use a pvc tube that reaches down to where the synos hang out, and drop your pellets or wafers into the pipe. The synos will soon figure out that pvc pipe = feeding time. :)

Great idea! Thanks, Neil. I'll try that out tomorrow at feeding time.

• 2 weeks later...