The visual water change

Fishful Thinking

I don't understand what all the steps are supposed to mean? Can you describe in detail what you are doing in each picture? It will help those who don't use the sink adaptor to know what you are doing as well. I will use my python system for all my larger tanks that have larger fish, but for my small tanks that I have smaller fish in, I never take the chance and I just use bucket method for all of them. I have sucked up fish before, and definitely not wanting to do that again. I normally add prime to the water right while I am filling up the tanks, or to the fresh bucket of water before adding it to the tank.

I'm on Firefox and the pics for me seem to be a reasonable size. The only thing i can think of is some sort of setting you changed or if you are running Vista. The pics i saw are definitely smaller than what you describe.

Thanks for the netting tip. I'm gonna use it on my guppy and Jewel tanks. I have the big gravel vac attachment for the Python so the chances of getting a fish sucked out are slim but just in case i'll keep watch. so thanks for the warning.

L

Edited by Ishkabod

• 4 weeks later...

Great thread! I used to use the sink adapter but eventually tossed it because it was so wasteful--all that water that comes out the bottom and just escapes out down the drain. Instead, I just hook the end of the hose directly to the tap (when refilling) and to empty the tank I have the other end fitted so I can stick a gravel vac tube on it, and the gravel vac tube fits over the output of my MaxiJet powerhead. I vac manually with a bucket when needed.

Also, the type of browser does not matter if the original photos were uploaded at a giant size--unless the browser itself is preset to automatically resize certain kinds of images. These pics are about 640x480 though which is reasonable. If the browser isn't resizing them, then the screen resolution of the person's PC could be at fault--a 640x480 image is going to look a lot bigger on a screen set to 800x600 than it will on a screen set to 1024x780 or higher.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a utility pump(50.00 from peavey Mart) for draining out the 70 and 75 gallon so then I only have to bucket about 1 or 2 pails of poo water out. They I move the pump to the tub and put a bucket under the tap and let it run(with the digital thermometer of coarse). I mix my prime and rift salt in a measuring cup then add before I start the water. This pump is sure gonna come in handy with the 225 :smokey: