Boom's Woodworking

Boom

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stunned. Really you have quite the artistic eye to be able to design and build these things the way you do. Even if you followed a pattern it takes skill to get it to work and talent to get the colour and patterns right. I think some of this would be pieces i would see in homes of multi-millionaires. That vase that box that clock that other box that MIRROR AND SHELF WOW.

Thanks for sharing it was a real pleasure looking at those pieces.

WOW

Lisa

P.S.me go :boom: from amazement. English doesn't have words to describe how amazing.... anyway you get the picture. wow.

Wow Ryan, those are breath taking...Ive been looking for a crafty person to help me, Im looking for a corner hang up ornment stand...so I have a place to put my kids Taekwondo trophies, I dont have any measurements or anything like that, cause well there was no point as I had a hard time to find someone ....would you be interested?

By the way I love that birdseye wood as well thats some pretty awesome stuff.

Oh something else I would love is a frame for their promotion certificat, that also holds belts, and the boards they broke...kinda thing, I have three kids all are in taekwondo, actually we all are, sept I keep hurting myself...broke my foot, hurt my knee, and lastly my sacroiliac nerve....but I love it, soon as I figure out how to fix that last thing I will be back at it again...my knee and foot I broke sparring with men...LOL

Wow Ryan, those are breath taking...Ive been looking for a crafty person to help me, Im looking for a corner hang up ornment stand...so I have a place to put my kids Taekwondo trophies, I dont have any measurements or anything like that, cause well there was no point as I had a hard time to find someone ....would you be interested?

Thank you for the very nice compliments guys and gals.

Krazy Karma, Please see my opening post:

This thread is not meant to advertise or sell my products in any way. I simply wanted to share with you one of my other passions; working with wood! I do however do custom work for other people, if you are interested in having some work done for you, please PM me and DO NOT post requests on this thread.

Boom :boom:

Very nice work....where do you pick up materials(wood) from?

Thanks. I get wood from various different places, Windsor Plywood has a decent selection of exotic stuff sometimes, JP Hardwoods. and from private sales. I like to keep my eyes open and look for stuff that either I've never worked with, or may otherwise be hard to get.

Boom, you are amazing, I also love working with wood, sadly I have to say that I haven't in many many years, I personally love the smell of wood and the feeling of it just after you sand it. Have you ever thought of doing farmers markets?? I think you'd sell out fast.

Here is some more.

A couple of small boxes. These were made for a charity auction, they each sold for a very modest price. Which is exactly why I don't do things like farmer's markets and such, the cost to build things, including my time, make it not worth while. I will stick to custom work for people who understand the value and are willing to pay for it. There are plenty of places out there to get cheap stuff. I do one of a kinds!

The dark one is walnut with zebrawood, and the lighter one is very old birch with bird's eye maple.

P1020732.jpg

P1020733.jpg

This is another box I made for my mother for her 60th birthday. She is dutch and loves the dutch blue tiles. The wood is black walnut.

P1020727.jpg

Notice how the grain wraps around the corners of the box.

P1020731.jpg

Here is something you may have been waiting to see. It's an aquarium stand for a friends 150gallon tall aquarium it is 4' long, 2' wide, and 26" high. It's made of figured red oak and mahogany and was stained this color at his request. It is finished with about 4 coats of water proof poly. It's not my favorite because I personally thought the stand should have been higher, but it's custom made EXACTLY to his wishes (thats what I do!).

P1020825.jpg

P1020828.jpg

P1020829.jpg

P1020824.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On January 19th, my wife and I welcomed to this world our new baby girl, Kayla.

I built her this box made of purpleheart with BE maple dyed pink butterflies inlayed into the lid.

Hope you like it. I know she is too young to appreciate it, but maybe someday she will!

The pics aren't the best quality, I was trying out the wife's new camera.

P1310036.jpg

P1310040.jpg

P1310041.jpg

P1310043.jpg

P1310044.jpg

I've been meaning to post this one for a while.

It's a tank stand I was commisioned to built for Sloughshark (Taylor). He asked that it be able to hold a 90 gallon on top and a 55 gallon on the bottom, which it will.

Taylor did a great job of painting it himself.

I can't wait to see it once he has the tanks set up on it.

Taylorstankstand.jpg

Wow, Boom you are really talented! You have built some very nice pieces, I love the look of wood, it's my favorite of all building materials. How long have you been into wood working?

I know you mentioned the vase (LOVE it btw) was your own design, but what about the others? Do you draw them up yourself or is there somewhere you get them?

My husband is also likes wood working and is self taught, but he has so many other things on the go it's hard to get him to build me anything. I may be sending you a PM if he doesn't get his butt moving!