14 Gallon Seamless Tank

Erin

14 Gallon Seamless Tank

Started Jan. 13, 2009

Bought at Aqua Giant.

Notes:

Well today we went to buy my daughter a goldfish for her fish tank. After going to Pj's pets in Londonderry and finding unwell fish we decied to check out Aqua Giant. They had some pretty cute goldfish, while my 3 year old picked out which one she wanted I left my husband to look at the 5 gallon seamless tank for $29.99 ( and yes its till there, comes with a filter, light and tank), he just so happend to see the 14 gallon seamless tank on for $49.99 Reg. $99.99. Well my daughter and I get her cute little white goldfish with "orange eye shadow and blush". We named her Rose (its a her because Ruby said it was when I asked her). Anyway I had told him about how much I wanted the 5 gallon, after seeing the 14 gallon and loving the seamless look he asks if we had $50 to spare. I told him yes ( was saving it for my nails but meh) and the next thing I know we are walking out of the store with a goldfish and a tank!

On the way home my husband asked me what I plan on doing with it. I didn't know, there wasn't any place to put it. So I got an idea, my 10 gallon tank was in my bedroom, it was home to 1 oto, 1 apple snail, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 adult female guppy, one 5 week female guppy and about 18 guppy fry. Could I switch it? Could I move my 10 gallon into my 14 gallon??? Well I read up on it and started the task. I moved 59% of my water, and about 80% of the gravel. I didn't change my filter but added another one for extra filtration.

So far Everyone, fry and all are doing great! They needed a big water change and a good gravel cleaning.

Edited by Erin

Very nice.

I was tempted to buy the 5 gallon, at that price, but i have the filter on it by itself, and that thing is loud, and my friend got that light, died in a week.

But the tank was all i wanted, the other two things i would just leave for storage lol.

Very nice progress, and hope your plants grow in well.

Thanks,

So far today no one has had any problem with the change, I did add some algae waffers for my oto since there isn't much for him to eat.

I'll be taking photos tonight.

Erin

Here are some pictures, keep in mind that my camera suck big donkey balls.

LMFAO!!!!

Great looking tank.

I'm surprised that you found the fish at Aquagiant more appealing than at PJ's Londonderry. I find that PJ's stores tanks to be very nice and the fish always look great when I go in there. Aquagiant's tanks are pretty disgusting in comparison.

Anyways, good work!

Boom :boom:

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice.

I was tempted to buy the 5 gallon, at that price, but i have the filter on it by itself, and that thing is loud, and my friend got that light, died in a week.

Filter is loud but after my 20 gallons filter died and I almost lost all my fish I like a little sound. and its not that loud... I hardly hear it any more. And the light still going GREAT!!! No problem at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Just some pictures of the new gouramis that I have in there now.

Enjoy.

IMGA0084.jpg

The Yellow Gourami Not named yet... suggestions welcome.

IMGA0087.jpg

IMGA0092.jpg

Not a very good shot of the blue one but shes camera shy, everytime I brought it close to the tank she hid.

• 10 months later...

UPDATE:

Right now the tank is looking REALLY bad... I had a huge snail problem, which I'm still fixing. All thats in there for plants and fish are: Java moss, 11 baby white clouds and 2 gold tetras, oh and about 50 snails... sigh....

Will have pictures as soon as I find my camera.

I'm thinking of moving this tank from my bedroom to the main floor of my house. There is a spot that has very little light right by my front door that I think would be perfect. Only problem is there is no plug in. I could get away with taking a power cord and doing that since it is now a coldwater tank. I only need to plug in a light and a HOB filter.

I think when I do this I might temp house my clouds and redo the tank. I have a small tote bin that I could use to house them for a few days. I'm thinking of changing out the gravel I have in there and putting some pebbles in there. maybe a small layer of sand then pebbles and make it more natural.

I was thinking as well what plants I should put in there. I heard Vals can stand up to cool temps, my java fern is going nuts! So I think I'll keep that and have it grow all over my drift wood.

Also I wanted to add.... Kayen posted on Jan 13th 2009 that a friend had gotten the same light as me and it died in a week. WELL I am still using the same light! Even the same bulb! I have it on for 8 house everyday, some times more when I got to bed and feel like watching the fish for a while.