Real Rock Background

jvision

Does the foam hold the rocks in place or is it more so how you stack them? Are they sturdy and stuck together tightly?

A CAS member wants to make one out of lava rock but hes worried they would unstick and fall

Looks great

The foam keeps the rocks together - it stick to them quite well. However, I don't think it adheres to the glass really well. I'm not counting on the foam holding the rocks against the back glass, that's why stacking is important.

That being said, since lava rock is really light in comparison to fieldstone, the CAS member probably could do a similar thing. I have an eavestrough wall that was built by another member, and it's just lava rock held on by silicon. If the CAS member is worried about the foam not holding to the glass, they could just use black silicon to hold the lava rock to the glass.

OK, the fish have been in for a few days. I think the Brevis have spawned, as a pair have taken residence in a shell and aren't leaving... or letting anyone near!

Full tank

005.jpg

The male of the happy couple

006.jpg

There are 6 Firecracker N. leleupi (from Fairdeal) in here

007.jpg

I moved these guys out of the 90 and have had 2 spawns in there as well! Paracyps and Callochromis!