My 20 gallon lighting Idea...

Erin

I'm waiting to hear back from Kayen on what the white spray paint is for....

So here is the plan...

I have my 20 gallon and when I first added my 2X13 CFL 6700K bulbs, I thought this was super bright and next to the other poop bulbs (those 15 watt ones you get with the starter tank) it was. But its just not enough! yes ok... my plants aren't dieing but they are not growing like I would like. So, the plan is simple add in two more! I looked around the fourm and found Kayen's 33 gallon tank and lighting. Well I knew thats what I wanted to do... I think that if I add in two more it would be enough. And on top of it I can keep my husband happy by giving him a project that he'll love to do! Hit two birds with one stone, eh!

I'm waiting to hear back from Kayen to find out what he used the white spray paint for when it came to the lights and then the pictures and planning will start!

Happy days!

White spray paint in to paint the wood or cover that you're going to put the light fixture inside, if I'm not mistaken.

Its used as a "reflector".

Yup thats it.. Kayen PMed me back and told me about it. So My hubby started last night but we are going to make a twist to it. We have a extra 10 gallon bulb top that isn't needed so we are going to add it to the 20 gal and get the extra two lights.. I'm going to take pictures tonight.

Yup thats it.. Kayen PMed me back and told me about it. So My hubby started last night but we are going to make a twist to it. We have a extra 10 gallon bulb top that isn't needed so we are going to add it to the 20 gal and get the extra two lights.. I'm going to take pictures tonight.

Sounds like my 20 gal, has a light from a 10G on it lol and only a 10G light

Well My husband is a nut, I forgot to ask about getting pictures of the project being done, he also did it while I was work so I couldn't see it being done. My lighting is brighter. I'm enjoying it very much I'll post some picture later. But all in all I now have 4X energy 13 watt bulbs. And I'm LOVING IT!!!!