Livingstone Falls Biotope (30 Gallon)

Slough Shark

Thank you. I can post some great links for vague biotope info if you want, but for the good stuff you really have to be specific and interested in your google searches.

Be careful though, these biotopes are what gave me crazy ideas about working in wild, outlandish places far from home! It just may do the same to your daughter :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update with some pics,

I am now down to four fish since the smallest fish died from ich. The other four are doing great, eating like pigs. The dominant male is growing fastest and his nuchal hump is really getting big. They are all enjoying their flakes, but I've noticed they like munching on the aufwuchs that has collected on my bamboo and stones as well.

I'll post an FTS by Monday, and here are some fish pics for now...

Profile3.jpg

Dominant male flaring his gills...

BadFish.jpg

Showdown...

tournament.jpg

Dominant male again...

DSC_0001.jpg

Bit of an argument...

AggressiveKiss.jpg

These fish are great, I highly recommend them :thumbs:

Taylor

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to add a bunch of gravel to better mimic the Livingstone Falls. Fish are still doing good and the tank is maturing faster than I thought it would, for which I am very happy. As you can see the algae is filling in nicely, I hope I can get some Java moss soon to augment the greenery somewhat. Enough babble, here's a pic:

13March2009.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Taylor