135 Switcheroo

jvision

Alex and I switched out the 135 tonight. All of the plants are out (except Crypt. balansae), and the Tangs are in.

I'm hoping one/some of the great photographers can come over and shoot some of the fish up close.

Here's a full tank shot

005-2.jpg

There's a bunch of algae on the glass b/c I removed my plecos and whiptails to attempt breeding. Unfortunately, that didn't take, and I don't have time to keep trying, so they'r going back into the main tank... not this one - it has it's own trio of BN's that will have the glass spit-spot by morning, I'm sure!

Edited by jvision

Jay,

Is this the one that's in your basement? All the plants are gone.......... :(

I'm setting up a new planted tank in the living room.... I don't think I can keep a tank w/o plants!

Thanks for the comments. I'll be setting up another planted tank - probably a 50. The BNs have done a number. The front glass is pretty much spotless, and the back glass has lip marks all over it - you can see the green disappear as the Plecos go over it!

I am planning on breeding the BNs, again - it's been a while. I have a trio of WC. Ancistrus, who are now nice and fat. I'm not sure if I need to add another cave just for them, or if they'll just find one in the rocks (I have a couple of those decorator caves you buy at the LFS hidden in the rockwork, so we'll see how it goes) - I hav a verticle ABS cave ready to go should they wait too long.

I saw this tank in person last night and it is awesome! I love the division of the two rock piles, the plants in the back and the cool fish. My photos do not do these fish justice.

Edit by Jason: You can tell I got the Paracyprichromis nigripnis from Pop Eye - these fish were posing wonderfully!! :D

P. nigripinis

IMG_3557.jpg

Callochromis macrops 'Ndole' F1

IMG_3562.jpg

Julidochromis transcriptus (or is it maleri?)

IMG_3570.jpg

P. nigripinis

IMG_3575.jpg

Edited by jvision

Big thanks, Greg, for coming over and taking the pics!! :thumbs:

I can't wait to see pictures!

:well: Um... the post right above the one you quoted had the pics :well:

• 3 weeks later...