20 Gallon Pictures and information

Erin

Well I noticed that I had a topic on my lighting but nothing on the tank itself.

20 gallon tank:

Custom Lighting: 4x13 CFL Bulbs

Plants: vals, Java moss, Java Ferns, Sagittaria subulata, crypts, and a plant I still have no idea what it is.

Co2: No but I use excel

Gravel: Normal Black gravel

Filtration: 1 20-30 Tetra whisper, 1 elite mini used as powerhead (works great for that)

Regular temp kept at: 77F to 78F

Pictures:

IMGA0021.jpg

*Who you looking at* Blue the powder blue dwarf gourami

IMGA0038.jpg

Ghost Shrimp

IMGA0040.jpg

Male Honey Gourami

IMGA0042.jpg

*kisses* Male Honey Gourami

IMGA0044.jpg

Another Ghost Shrimp

IMGA0048.jpg

An Oto

IMGA0053.jpg

one of the three gold tetras

Edited by Erin

has the crab ever gotten out of the tank?

I used to have a crab. I would wake up for work and it would be out on the floor strutting it's stuff. Happened like 4 or 5 times (yes I had a lid!) before he died from drying up. Darn thing would climb up between the glass and the heater, grab the HOB filter where the water pours out, climb into the filter and get out that way.

here is what the crab looked like

spidercrabsmall.jpg

I think it was a spider crab.

Anywhoo sorry to change the topic. That pic brought back crabby memories ;)

LOL no neither of my two do, there is shelly the famale and then there is boulder slapper the despicalbe the male. They are mini crabs. And neither of them have ever tried to get out. Your guys there is pretty sweet. Too bad he finally died.

Plants: vals, Java moss, Java Ferns, Hair Grass, Swords, and a plant I still have no idea what it is.

Ooooh! I wanna play Name that Plant!

The mystery plant- I can't remember what it's called, but I think it's a non-aquatic species :(

However, I think your hairgrass is actually Sagittaria subulata, and your swords are really crypts (Cryptocoryne wendtii?)

Cool crab!

Plants: vals, Java moss, Java Ferns, Hair Grass, Swords, and a plant I still have no idea what it is.

The mystery plant- I can't remember what it's called, but I think it's a non-aquatic species :(

However, I think your hairgrass is actually Sagittaria subulata, and your swords are really crypts (Cryptocoryne wendtii?)

Cool crab!

cool... thanks I was told by "other" ppl what there where, I'm still getting into plants. As for the mystery plant... that would explain why it has never really grown to well. What would you suggest I do with it? I could add it to my 1/2 gallon betta tank, half of it would be out of the water.

Thanks again.

Oh yah there are two crabs I just can never get a good shot of the female.

Cool crab!

Looks alot like wendtii to me

Well after having staghorn algae for a few weeks now and my crypts started to show signs of low iron and other problems. SOOOOO I re did it! I took/cut out 99% of the s/h algae and moved it all around. I'll take some pictures once the tank clears up.

I took out completely my Sagittaria subulata, there was very little that wasn't covered in s/h algae, so I just pulled it all. My crypts got under the knife too, there is about one leaf per plant (5 plants) And as for my vals, I just kept all that wasn't covered, mostly the baby shoots. My main java plant went but I had alot of babies on it as well so it wasn't a great lost. I'll give it month before I really worry and by then I'll almost be done planning my 55 gallon.

• 6 months later...