Illegal to collect rainwater?

But what if I were to collect rainwater from Henry's roof ;)

that would be theft if you took it from his property.

this just seems bizarre. But in the long run when or if fresh water is in short supply to keep people from "owning" it and hording it it makes scene.

And if you cut down branches of a neighbors tree overhanging your property make sure to though them back on his property or that to is theft.

If that were illegal in Alberta I probably would have had fines by now for collecting rain water lol. Canada hardly ever has stupid laws like many states have, and usually the laws from province to province are pretty similar. I think it is absolutely retarded to penalize someone for wanting to recycle, especially when it can be beneficial to the environment.

I think this is interesting. My grandparents had a rain water barrel in Stettler probably 70 years ago and many people had them. It isn't a new idea, just a smart one!!

I think this is interesting. My grandparents had a rain water barrel in Stettler probably 70 years ago and many people had them. It isn't a new idea, just a smart one!!

The long history of rainwater collection, can be traced (in recorded history) as far back as ancient times some 3,000 years ago (850 BC) if not even farther.

article on> The History of Rainwater Collection

:)