Live food from ponds

JORG

The ponds are still producing daphnia and such but now is the time to harvest river shrimp find a small pool of water with a little current and cash in

023.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

River shrimp? I don't think I've seen shrimp around here. So you mean fairy shrimp?

The ponds are still producing daphnia and such but now is the time to harvest river shrimp find a small pool of water with a little current and cash in

023.jpg

River shrimp? I don't think I've seen shrimp around here. So you mean fairy shrimp?

023.jpg

nope fairy shrimp are only available in the springtime

OMG...you are a free fish food genius JORG!! Now I know what to do after i'm done putting the turkey in the oven tomorrow! LOL SWEET!!

pm me for directions and if hubby is into fishing there was a crap load of fishing gear in between those rocks

This is interesting as I just spotted some sort of shrimp on the Didsbury golf course. DanG, perhaps you'll be playing Didsbury with me next year and combining our hobbies.....

This is interesting as I just spotted some sort of shrimp on the Didsbury golf course. DanG, perhaps you'll be playing Didsbury with me next year and combining our hobbies.....

Fish net in one hand and golf club in the other?? hummm...maybe golf is ok after all...lol

• 5 months later...

I got my first batch of 2012 live food today. Ponds are still a bit sparse but did collect enough fairy shrimp and glass worms to give 28 full grown Discus a good meal.

Funny you say that. I was heading down the hiway in Saskatchewan thinking about this post. Wondering if it was still too early out here. It's been a bit cooler here than there.

I also thought it might be a bit too cool...same place Jorg? ;)

Nothing there yet- the place that produced yesterday is on range road 281 about 500 meters south of Glenmore trail.