Maintenance in the 90

T Dawg

Had an eventful water change on may 12th. Long story short we needed to pull the carpet up and we may need to replace the stand. Will post more when done setting up threads.

Edited by T Dawg

Had an eventful water change on may 12th. Long story short we needed to pull the carpet up and we may need to replace the stand. Will post more when done setting up threads.

I may need to do some fishing for advice. Our stand stood on wet carpet for a few days The bottom seems to have deformed. Now I do not trust it, and am trying to decide if it needs to be replaced. Sad as it less than three months old. I'll post some pics tommorow and post

I may need to do some fishing for advice. Our stand stood on wet carpet for a few days The bottom seems to have deformed. Now I do not trust it, and am trying to decide if it needs to be replaced. Sad as it less than three months old. I'll post some pics tommorow and post

Still no stand pics. Will leave for now. The tank now has a new front to back lean so ultimatly I will need to do something big.

Did a 25% water change. Shutoff the filters this time, and will probably do so going forward. So just the air was left running. Without the industrial fan running the airpump is much louder than I care for.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a 25% water change. Shutoff the filters and all accesories again. The change seemed uneventful. Finaly got around to cutting the plastic on the top so the top fits tightly without the big 4" gap in the back. I'll need to relocate the feeding ring, but I droped the sucting cup in the tank so I will need to try and fish it out next water change.

I fished out the holder for the feeding ring. That stuck on for about two minutes before popping back off. Sigh. I took the time to get my arms wet and move some air tubing and plants around. In addition to the 25% water change I also serviiced the XP2. Looks like the polishing pad is toast, but the other items were in good shape so after a stir, squeeze, or shake as apropreate the media was put back in service less the pad. I'll need to grab a few new ones this week (since I guess the one in the XP3 is going to be in similar shape). I know others are using all sorts of substitues, but I'll stick to the fish store stuff for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Added a hunk of bogwood tonight after having soaked it for a few nights. Did a 50% water change and added a heater cover to the Fluval 300w. Tried a few new ideas for the fry filtration protection system but none worked and planned so after a quick rinse the sponge is back on the XP3 pickup and the XP2/Rena 200w heater are back in the retasked media bag.

Cleaned the hoses, recut, and rotated them between up/down and input/output for algae control. I had gotten most off by squeezing the tub with the filter on in areas with a buildup, but I missed a few spots for too long and it became too built up for the added water velocity created by the narowing of the pinching to work.

The filters have been noisier than ever and one is gushing air. Call to Rena, a lot of research, a trip to the LSF, and a few forum posts still have this as an in progress item for now. May just replace.