Maintenance in the 18

T Dawg

Needed to move the tank, so we pulled out some of the water and lugged it. We will need to do some remodeling, the boat and plant got disturbed.

We started with a Hagan 18 gallon kit from Pisces, a stand from Wallmart, and a Tetra 20 air pump from Big Als. After the first month the heater started fluctuating temperature more than I thought it should and when I tried to wipe it clean the paint started coming off of the glass. I replaced it with a fluval and have been very happy. We used the original to heat bucket water after it aged overnight before we did water changes, and when we needed to use the bucket as a hospital area. In January the light died and we replaced it. I suspect something is off with the ballast as it can take a while to turn at times.

Water change day has come again. The S.O. made a mistake and did not add prime to the new water. I threw in a double dose, the water was in for a minute before she realized so I am not too worried. I may fish out the old filter hat had been dumped in the 90 and toss it in to be safe.

We finally got the airline re-buried and ship and plant base well placed again.

Bumped the temp to 28 and added 1.5 tables spoons of salt. Setup the HOB to full flow but I did not take the sponge of the intake for full power.

Did a water test with the dip strip but nothing was out of bounds. Did an amonia test and it came up 0.

Edited by T Dawg