I need help finding out what kind if fish i have!!!

hi i have jsut bought a fish from the pet store and they ahve told me it is a convict..these are some pic of the fish he is the one with strips...he is white black and has blue oin his lowee fins...if u can help me that would be awosme thanks!!!

post-4164-1244334587_thumb.jpg

Edited by chad_alyssa

Thanks Everyone for the information . . . I will be more careful not to take the word of the workers at our LFS in the future, although I was pretty sure it was far from a convict. We will make sure to move him to the tank we have been using as quarentine for our sick fishes and find a suitable tank for it as we would like to keep it. Not much information to be found about them though. Do any of you know about any good sites to learn more about this fish? Any help would be appreciated.

One of my favorite tank buster cichlids. Constant diggers and the more gravel you have in there the better.

Mean as hell but throw one in a 75 gallon by itself and you will have a very personable and cool fish to own

Googled your question came up with at lest 30 gallons, so I would think 60 should be ok.

I saw one smash a 40gal once. I wouldn't recemend putting in big rocks with them. I've they slam big rocks into the side of the tank and take out the glass. Its funny when its not your tank.