Trying to ID these 2 cichlids

gdcox76

I have 2 cichlids that my husband and kids purchased about a year ago, and of course they didn't write down the names at the time. I thought that they where both the same but now I'm not so sure the bigger is about twice as big, and they where both originally the same size. I apologize the pictures are not fantastic I was doing a complete rescape of the rocks in the tank and turned up the water pretty good but I thought since I had all the hiding places gone I had the perfect opportunity to take some pictures and try to figure out what these guys are.

[attachme

nt=7092:DSC04980.JPG]

Thank you everyone, I suspected the small one was a Jewel but I'm far from being any authority. I was at a complete loss about the bigger guy. I guess the next question is, are they going to be alright in with the new guys we put into the tank 2 yellow labs and 2 cobalts? And will they be alright as singles instead of as pairs. We had another of each but had a filter catastrophe about 2 weeks ago and lost their companions.

The yellows are normally great with any other fish but if you let that Jewel pair off then Watchout. The jewels are very very aggressive when spawning(more so than Mr. Blue my extremely aggressive Mbuna)

Good luck

L