29 Gallon Project (first ever, please comment!)

strayner

Where are whiteworms found?

Mostly from other hobbyists. I have some and could get you a starter culture when you're ready.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always route it to the side and go with a white (wall) background.

Also, i think more wood is always welcome. Patrick might have a few really nice pieces left, go see GillsNFins.

Looking forward to this .

Is it flourite black or normal flourite?

You could always route it to the side and go with a white (wall) background.

Also, i think more wood is always welcome. Patrick might have a few really nice pieces left, go see GillsNFins.

Looking forward to this .

Is it flourite black or normal flourite?

I've got a piece of malaysian driftwood as well, I may or may not put it in!

Normal flourite

You have a good start, I might have missed it but what are you using for sand. Also are you taking you pics with a fish eye lens?

Thanks! I'm using a mix of sand/flourite and gravel/flourite

Yes I am using a fish eye lens cause I don't have a standard wide angle atm to take pics with in my small room, plus, it looks cool.

Tank has been dosed with ammonia (Safeway brand - Ammonium Hydroxide + water), and seeded with the puny filter media from my 5 gallon.

Added a couple small strands of Java Moss to the tip of the mopani wood to get tree-like growth.

Edited by strayner

Tank has been dosed with ammonia (Safeway brand - Ammonium Hydroxide + water), and seeded with the puny filter media from my 5 gallon.

Added a couple small strands of Java Moss to the tip of the mopani wood to get tree-like growth.

Some pieces of java fern can also give it a tree like effect , and this is what I have with java fern. However, it depends on the kind of tree that you are trying to create.

IMG_6453_small.JPG

Some pieces of java fern can also give it a tree like effect , and this is what I have with java fern. However, it depends on the kind of tree that you are trying to create.

IMG_6453_small.JPG

That looks really cool Raj.

I'm a big fan of java moss so I thought it would look nice.

Day 3 into the cycle, still no nitrites.

Philippe Oliviera has made a couple nice tanks with moss tree if you want some inspiration. My friend tried emulating it in his custom ( it's in my journal section if you want to take a gander). I would try making a carpet around it, hairgrass and e tenellus would be good choices.

Philippe Oliviera has made a couple nice tanks with moss tree if you want some inspiration. My friend tried emulating it in his custom ( it's in my journal section if you want to take a gander). I would try making a carpet around it, hairgrass and e tenellus would be good choices.

I'm getting some E. tenellus this friday! I have big ideas for this tank, hopefully it will look half as nice as I picture it now :P