Aquatic Frog/Cichlid compatibility

Rhea

I have new Johannii fry released into one of my tanks. This tank has always been a fry tank, but sat empty for a while. My 6 year old son begged me for an aquatic frog to add to it. Now I have a female releasing and have noticed her smashing into the frog to keep him away. I normally feed the frog blood worms. I am now thinking he may eat the fry. Does anyone know? Just to be safe I have temporarily rehomed him to my grow out tank. He is hiding so I have no idea if he will get very far in there. Any help or advise is appreciated

:)

You definately might want to rehome that frog...frogs are gluttens...they will eat anything and everything! They're definatley cool to watch sometimes though ;)

Ya I don't see many fry left :( but I did move the frog. I think he had a little feast before though

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yup I have 3 African Dwarf Frogs in my 90 gallon and all my Guppy fries have disapeared, I am thinking it time to remove them as well, they are cool though but not that cool.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...