Rantings Of An Old Bag

LadyBlue

Ok ..... here we go again ..... I am getting back on the damn horse that threw me in the deep muddy whole. True confesions ..... I had terrable luck / skill with the damn black Angels I Bought {despite all the good advise I recieved before and after they arrived} They died before ....and.... after I got them {much 2 my dismay} Soooo what did I do .... I withdrew and beat myself up of course {not good way 2 deal with it I know} I was devistated as I worked to try to save them {I have only 2 left} The little devils were really stressed out and not at all well .... added to this I made some mistakes.... Not a good combo for the FishyFry's survival rate.I have decided my next purchase will be better filters {I have started saveing}. These are the first fish deaths I have had, and I felt terrable and read and learned even more. I handled the feelings "wrong" {of course} by being Scarlett O'Hara {I will worry about this tomorrow behavior} and I simply withdrew inside myself. I have returned to the liveing but I am a little shakey still..... but .......... I am moveing forward again. This must sound nuts to anyone hearing my ramblings but at least I am honest in my nuttyness {is that a word?} Now I will use humor to cover up how silly I feel to let the death of a few fish get me down .... but thats me. I will give you a hint .....we use the same behaviors to cope when we are old, as we used when we were young.I am putting this all in here because I am moveing forward not asking for sypmathy just to explain to any who noticed my weird behavior lately. To those I didnt reply to in Private messages I saved them and will respond soon..... its funny but I found it hardest to talk to my fishy friends I like the most .... we are silly creatures as we get old. I can now laugh at myself a bit :& .... I do want to say that the saveing grace threw this was ..."3 Little Brevis" They are soooo small and yet they have touched my heart Ok I am getting back on the silly horse LOL :poo:

Sorry to hear of your losses. It always sucks to lose fish. Juvie angelfish can be finicky too. I have my own spawn and am having some losses too. If either of you is interested, I can probably get you local black angelfish in a couple of weeks or some of mine when they feel better. Fishkeeping is always a learning curve.

Don't feel too bad, I think we have all been in your situation and lost fish because of it, but we all got back on the horse :poo:.

I recently gave a friend a 10g with 8 red wag platies and she was nearly in tears when one injured itself and has some fungus in the wound, the fish recovered and she was very relieved.

On the opposite note, most of my fish until recently were little tetras and other short lived fish. I find it sometimes distresses me that after so many deaths (usually to old age) that it doesn't really affect me :( , at least with the tetras and danios. I suspect I will be more upset when one of my more personable, longer lived fish dies.

Their deaths cause us sadness, but think how dull life would be without them.

Aww...if it helps any, I lost a lot of my angels as well...but i'm glad the little brevis are helping you be happy. ;)

Thank-You for your understanding and support .... I also want to thank you 4 my little loves ..... I just love them. I think I can put julies in a large tank with shellies ? { I am going to do a Few Shelly tanks } Where do you suggest I get Julies from or will you be selling any ? How much are they ? and How many and what sexes is a good combo ? I am thinking of doing a 30 gal multie and Julie tank ..... what do you think of this idea ? I find it relaxing to watch the brevis, but mosely I find peice in the sand changes ...LOL I dont know why but it makes me smile. will you be haveing Multies comming up ? I am trying to understand the differances in the shelly types behavior. I keep reading it but it gets all confused in my brain . I can see the pictures of them .... but more important is having types I can enjoy I have found that I LOVE the sand designs ...Wich shellies did you enjoy the most ? Can you tell me the Pro's and Cons of the differant varietys as you see them ? {I trust you more than the internet LOL . Thank You for all your kindness shown to me ...It Means a lot. ....Linda....

So it's a couple of days later and I'm no longer losing 1-2 angelfish a day. Was almost late for work a couple of days later in the week as I was fishing out girardinus fry. Who else thinks that's a valid excuse for being late for work?? Then came home last night and netted a couple of schenops molly fry. So life does go on.......