Is this true?

Wackinator

Okay, the IBC(International Betta Congress) has lots of discussion about this. As far as I can recall, it's black melano females and it's not limited to tail type. The suggested female is a steel blue.

Thanks fishclubgirl I had hoped you would reply as bettas seem to be your field of expertise (no offense to anyone else as I know theres more than just her that are experts at bettas)

I didnt even know there was an international betta congress but a steel blue female and a black male produce mostly black fry then?

Thats pretty sweet

Thanks

I was reading an article about the elusive black betta, it was saying that black bettas are line bred from dark blue bettas. There are almost no full back bettas they all have some blue, you just breed it out of them for some reason. I will try and find where I saw this for you.

I was reading an article about the elusive black betta, it was saying that black bettas are line bred from dark blue bettas. There are almost no full back bettas they all have some blue, you just breed it out of them for some reason. I will try and find where I saw this for you.

Thanks snaggle and if you do find it I wouldnt mind giving it a read =]