Multiple Tank Syndrome

So I sold a pretty nice aquarium at the auction last weekend, I didn't really need it, don't really have anywhere for it...and then today after work I go and buy another tank!?!? Seriously, I think I have a problem :shock: lmao I sold the 40 gallon and bought a 72 gallon bowfront with a stand! I just couldn't resist the deal! I thought maybe i'd shut down a couple of 30s and replace them with the new 72, but actually, i'm thinkin', there's a few bare walls in a couple rooms, I could put 'em there! hahaha...I probaby won't do that, but i'm thinkin', hey, what would look good in them now?

Goooooo Girl .....LOL where did you find this deal ? Of course I am "JEALOUSE" .... nothing is worse than peni.... {oops} Aquarium Envy

So I sold a pretty nice aquarium at the auction last weekend, I didn't really need it, don't really have anywhere for it...and then today after work I go and buy another tank!?!? Seriously, I think I have a problem :shock: lmao I sold the 40 gallon and bought a 72 gallon bowfront with a stand! I just couldn't resist the deal! I thought maybe i'd shut down a couple of 30s and replace them with the new 72, but actually, i'm thinkin', there's a few bare walls in a couple rooms, I could put 'em there! hahaha...I probaby won't do that, but i'm thinkin', hey, what would look good in them now?

when i only had 3 tanks, i had to take down and sell my 33 to get a 46 bowfront. that didnt really last. mts happened pretty fast. and i have another 33 as well. and i still want bigger tanks. but i am at the point where i have to start removing furniture to put more tanks in.

i think a salt water tank would look much better than the couch

You are lucky, if i come home with another tank im single.

I've been told I can bring home more tanks if I want, for ever tank I bring home I need to get rid of 10. so if I bring home a 2000 gallon tank can get rid of the 10 betta bowls I have :smokey:

My dearest fellow AA's, a few suggestions for you. First off, wingin it, why are you getting rid of tanks in the first place?? You can always get more fish!! Fleshgear, what do you mean you still have a couch?? That should've been gone by now. You can always sit on the floor. And to all of those whose partners threaten "separation" if there's another tank. I know you'll miss them. Fishclubgirl's solution to that issue is to date someone with way more tanks than I have. He's never complained when I get another tank as he's working on his second fish room.

Its a great disease. I started out with just a small 10g tank a couple years ago and now my problem is i have large mts. I got my first 180g tank just 6 months ago and already planned out my next 2 tanks for the same size. There is just too many fish not to want more tanks. I have a 3 tank/300g limit though until I finish school and move out.

Here is a story. Once upon a time there was a girl not really into fish- then one day she decided to try some fish a little not so pretty fathead minnow and her friends came to live with her. She needed a tank so she got a 6 gallon tank. Eventually the minnows went to their fishy heaven and in came the pretty guppies she had seen at her grandparents. She needed another tank so in came tank two. A 5 gallon-yes she went down in size not a bright move on her part as we all know bigger is better but she was a fish newby. Eventually as everyone has come to realize guppies breed like rabbits and in came tank 3 and 4 two tens. Now she wanted tetras and cories and guppies ow my. So in came 5 and 6 sized 15 and 20. So now she has many tanks but she has come to realize that tens no longer cut it so out they went and in came twenties. I know still not really big enough so she got a 30. Her brother said she should stop. But she has a fishy addiction. So she is always on the look out for fishy bargains be they supplies, fish or tanks. I know this story sounds familiar to many on this site. She only has a small addiction compared to most. As she only has 7 tanks. But to non fish people she is totally and utterly addicted. Eventually she might even smuggle in a 55 as her brother is always in the field. By that time it will be too late. LOL. :rofl:

Cate,

Im sure that Terry will give you all the support you need, buy as many tanks as you have electricity to run is her motto.

She has learned from the best, a very nice fellow in SE Calgary who has a few tanks in his basement.

I beleive the theory goes, If the downstairs furnace never runs on the coldest day in winter, you have just the right number of tanks.

Why heat your house with natural gas when you can do it nice quiet electricity.

You can always buy a stand at the auction....now you need a couple more tanks "lets put them in the kitchen". Add a fry tank to the kitchen counter, but it spawns overnight to a few more, "Just for a few weeks honey" said in December.

If you need support call any of the numbers on the MTS helpline, they will be there in a flash to give you a ride to the LFS.

I used to say it was cheaper than drinking, but I dont say that anymore.

Have a great day,

Ted

I have been successfully avoiding mts for years with just the odd flareup of gadget-itis now and then. But then the CAS goes and gives a really good saltwater presentation. Guess who wants a reef tank?

I totally hear ya! that presentation fanned the coals and so after I left the meeting, I came home and picked up on the research part (where I left off) and for a couple of hours last night I picked the brains of a few LFS people. I'm still at the conclusion though that the best way to go is to just buy a used set up. Oh and the other conlusion i've come to is that SW is kinda creepy with cocopods and bristleworms and other wierd things that come in off of LR *shiver*