Skippy's Pond Bio Fliter

MMAX

Has anyone built one of these filters? After reading about them, I'm going to start building a 100gal model for my pond. Just a question on the media. They say they use commercial floor scrubber pads. I e-mailed them to ask exactly what kind they used but they wouldn't tell me. If I ordered from them it would cost me over $100. I know they're not scotch brite, does anyone know what they are?

The pot scrubbies work great for bio but the floor pads worked for mechanical and bio on these. I built one awhile ago but can't remember where I got the pads. Look up janitorial suppliers and they are a large floor pad which you buy in bulk and then cut up.

Well I have access to janitorial supplies. I'm the building op at west edmonton mall. I have the keys to every door including the janitors room. Describe them for me and maybe ill grab enough for two!

Well I have access to janitorial supplies. I'm the building op at west edmonton mall. I have the keys to every door including the janitors room. Describe them for me and maybe ill grab enough for two!

If I can remember right they are the big floor polishing pads that are green. Basically think of the thin green rectangular pot scrubbing pads that are a nylon type material with no sponge on it. Google the skippy pond filter and you an see what they look like when cut up.