My 100 Gallon Reef

MMAX

An awesome start on a pond and now you throw this at us!! What next? An intervention.

Tank looks like it's off to a good start. Just guessing but you must be about ready to start stocking it. What is on your must have livestock list? I started stocking a tank with the same dimensions in January, I'm pretty much done for fish. Now for the good part the coral, and clams.

This tank's been in the works for about a year. Started off with a 20gal reef 2 years ago that's still running. Right now I have 7 trochus and 3 Mexican turbos and last week added my first fish, a lawnmower blenny.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I noticed you have a goby and no lid. Most online literature says you need a lid or cover.

I want to get one, but I got no lid and a while I can do a crappy mesh cover I don't really want to.

Have you had any problems with carpet surfers?

I noticed you have a goby and no lid. Most online literature says you need a lid or cover.

I want to get one, but I got no lid and a while I can do a crappy mesh cover I don't really want to.

Have you had any problems with carpet surfers?

I actually have 3 gobies and none of them have jumped. The smaller (male) clown went carpet surfing about a month ago and a couple of years back another male clown jumped out of my 20 gallon. That female must be a real b*tch to live with causing her 2 husbands to commit suicide. Although the tank's in the basement it still can get warm down there so I'll continue to go topless.