A new couple thanks to AA!!

fishclubgirl

She is a big koi with a standard tail from gobies et al. He's a marble veiltail from rjsomers. Had put both of them in a tank with angelfish from TnT Aquatica and she wasn't happy. So I put her in a different tank and thought she looked lonely. Put him in and it was :boom: :boom: :wub::wub: within 5 minutes. And I still can't get my bettas to build a bubblenest :angry:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "honeymooners" are in the tank with the gold dust mollies and alvarezi swords. I did have to move in a swordplant as the "wedding suite" but she seems to be a "blushing" bride so far. I don't think either them got along with Tuan's angels as they're both stamps fans. We all know that Esks and Stamps fans don't mix :boxer:

The tank on the floor is still pretty full,lol. Also have a bunch of schenops mollies to grow in there too. They're definitely mated but she's still holding out for the ring. :heart:

Came home tonight and they're spawning. Only problem is their swordplant floated off so they're trying lay on the plant but are leaving eggs on the glass too. "Virgins", we all probably messed up on our first time too. I'll pull the leaf once they're done and see if I get some wigglers. Should be pretty babies with a koi marble cross and it's nice to have second mated pair.

So I moved the wigglers tonight. I didn't end up with too many as they laid lots of eggs on the glass. Next couple of days are crucial for angel fry but there's not too many which can be a good thing. I'm sure Mom and Dad will try to make plenty of more siblings for them.

At least you have the weekend for frequent feeding and fretting.

Give the grandkids a fishy kissy for us. Ceara can never know these are from our marble - Agreed?

Yes, I'll wait until the next spawn,lol... So the little guys are free swimming now and eating too. Just a week and half of marriage and they've already got a family -roll- Ain't young love grand???

So I have 4 betta spawn tanks. 3 are currently filled with angelfish, bettas and livebearers so I have one going. Swapped out males last night and he still doesn't get the hint. Build a nest, you idiot. Angel fry are doing well and on microworms and bbs. Looks to be about 20 or so.