Enantiopus melanogenys

searay

Hi everyone.Rd gave me a heads up that Golds had E. melanogenys and Kilesa in.Went there this morning to have a look.Only had one pair of kilesa left and the female kicked the bucket right in front of me.Did have 6 of the e. m's. and wild too.Looks like 3m/3f.Could'nt resist and put my name on them.Dennis won't sell them yet till he knows their ok.He made me a good deal and I ordered a 60x20x24 tank with top and stand.Crossing my fingers that the fish recover from the shipping.Was thinking of painting the back of the tank black and black sand with a few rocks to break up line of sight.Any other suggestions? If they do survive I was thinking of adding a group of cyp utintas with them down the road.Not sure though as I really want to breed them.Any ideas or input on care would be great.Tank should be ready in a couple weeks so have time to prep.Cheers. Rob

Cyps and Enantiopus mix well. I have a breeding group of both sharing a 50 gallon. Both species seem more timid than many Tanganyikans. The cyps wouldn't spawn with other fish in the tank like Lamps, even shell dwellers bug them a bit too much. Make sure you have the tank covered 100%, I have had the melanogenys jump right out when spooked.

:beer:

Decided not to get the melanogenys.They only had 5 left and Kilesa is what I really want to try.Also they were wild and thats ok if you want to breed them and sell f1 fry.Read on the internet that they stop breeding at about 3yrs old.Is that true? If you buy wild and they are full grown, how do ya know how old they are.Heard f1 is better? Got a 125gal coming 60x20x24 and wanna get 10ish kilesa from J.S. Didn't know the cyps might not breed with the kilesa.Will the kilesa breed with the cyps? If the cyps don't breed thats ok.Just want some tangs for the top portion of the tank.Thanks for the info burbot.Cheers.Rob