Who Am I?

KimW

I am trying to figure out what kinda cichlid this guy is....he came with my tank and a friend has said he's a "Texan" but all the pictures i've found he looks nothing like them.

Help?

104_2300.jpg

I will try to get a better picture of him actually out in the open. The tank is in my living room and when the kids are awake the fishies tend to be scarce. LOL not that i blame them i think sometimes i'd like to be able to hide in a cave too :D

from the adult texas cichlids I have seen, I would definitely say its not one

Kyle

Well this is not a adult is it? What would you say it is then? My vote is still on some Herichthys.

Kyle

Well this is not a adult is it? What would you say it is then? My vote is still on some Herichthys.

Sorry im not sure what it is, I was just stating that I doubt it to be a Texas cichlid, though I do realise it can change quite a bit from now to a full colour adult

Kyle

Kyle

Sorry im not sure what it is, I was just stating that I doubt it to be a Texas cichlid, though I do realise it can change quite a bit from now to a full colour adult

Kyle

My vote is still on it being a herichthys :lol:

Edited by rED O

Kyle

LOL I doubt you've ever seen a texas cichlid, especially if you don't think this is one.

go to the red deer petsmart. they had a breeding pair but the male died "mysteriously" but they have had the female there for a number of months.

BTW: the name tag reads, Texas cichlid

But like I said they are adults and like I also said, Ive never seen a juvinile

Kyle