Need Advice - Madagascar Lace plant

rjsomers

So I bought Riverfronts last madagascar lace plant (love 50% off) and now need advice on how best to keep it alive. I have read to keep it in a bit of a current to keep the leaves free of debris but what about fish, substrate, light etc.

I have it in a 10g with my banana plant that is doing quite well - yes fishclubgirl - I can grow Banana Plants :tongue:

Tank inhabitants are schenops mollies, red velvet swordtails a token betta (needs to be jarred), 2 pygmy cory's and 2 BN plecos. Also an assortment of plants.

refillable CO2, about 1.7 wpg - i can do 3wpg if needed, ferts, flourish, trace, iron and potassium weeklyand about 78 degrees. No idea on chemistry - never bother with the kit.

Any advice appreciated!!!

everything seems fine the way it is. except for the bn pleco. but it might be ok. you could put a root tab under the plant. those plants will go into a dormant stage when it does that you should take it out of the tank and put it in a ziploc bag with some damp peat and leave it for 3- 6 months. i have never had any luck leaving the bulb in the tank during the dormant stage. they always rot away.

Well I will add some mix with the nearby gravel and see - anything that may help.

Anyone know the most economical place to get root tabs? I am a member of most everything I can be.