Anybody want to lend me 400 dollars??

fishclubgirl

Support to a charitable cause;to get me a zebra pleco!! All kidding aside, Pisces has them for 399.99 but I could use my CAS discount too. Cute little fish too but much too rich for my blood. Guess I'll stick to my little BNs as my "cute" little plecos. But if you do want to donate, please pm me!!!

Support to a charitable cause;to get me a zebra pleco!! All kidding aside, Pisces has them for 399.99 but I could use my CAS discount too. Cute little fish too but much too rich for my blood. Guess I'll stick to my little BNs as my "cute" little plecos. But if you do want to donate, please pm me!!!

That is.......banned.gif wow........How about selling some shoes? tongue_out.gif

John

We should pool our money, buy a set that could be left in the hands of someone who can breed them and then divy up the babies. Enough to cover the investment plus interest!!.......good idea? Dunno

I`ve wanted to do that for ages but i`d order them from Canadian :thumbs: Aquatics because they have them at a more reasonable price of 200 dollars so even with shipping it`s a good deal. Hmmm I wonder if Harold would like to try and breed a bunch. I wouldn`t mind paying him some money so i could have some babies too.

Have a great day

L

Im not sure there has been a tonne of success bredding them. There are a few ppl I think that have. Not sure though but i think they are extremley hard to breed

Edited by JLake

i heard a tale not 2 weeks ago. someone came into the store and was saying that there are at least 2 people in edmonton or st albert that have had some pretty good luck with breeding them for the last couple of years. if i can find out who and where they are i would be more than happy to let you guys know. i mean if you can get them from an edmonton based breeder at least they will be acclimated to our water conditions before you get them and you would have alot less likelyhood of losing any. i will try to keep everyone posted.well.gif

See ya and raise you a breeding wild caught pair of betta macrostoma that like Calgary water and don't know how to jump

You guys are crazy - I'll take the pre-spoiled oscars that want some more room over a single fish for that much.

Although I guess had you said it was some sort of Betta I was looking for in a breeding pair I might consider it - LOL

Yes the L046's are pretty pricey alright and I am always keeping my eyes peeled for some of these to appear on stock lists but they have been banned since 2005 and only recently have I noticed some wild caughts being available. Having said that I would question very carefully who has them and if indeed they are wild caughts. They could likely be old bred out plecos getting long in the tooth OR F1 or F2 just being sold as wild caughts to jack up the price.

It is a fact that they are very difficult to breed and are notorious for having few fry in a hatch - typically only 6 to 10. These are definitely one fish that personally I would not buy unless I knew exactly where they came from, who bred them, etc. There is a German outfit on Aquabid that has been posting wild caughts for the past 1 to 1 1/2 years and I mean in quantities of dozens at a time and I really question the legiticamy of these fish. Who wouldn't question them when they are being sold in lots costing up to $8000 or $9000 U.S.

I have heard via the grapevine that certain of the banned plecos in Brazil are being slowly released on a quota type system but have not been able to either confirm with the suppliers as to what species this applies to or if in fact there is even any truth to it. By the nonresponses I'm getting I think I can assume there is not much to these rumors or at least one of them would have let me know.

Sorry AnnMarie didn't mean to hijack your post but $400 for an unproven breeder is a little steep and even more so for F1 or F2. I would definitley pay that kind of money for proven wild caught adults but that is just me. LOL